Sunday 17 January 2021

The end of Trump’s presidency

 Wow! Well it’s been a while and it’s the last few days of the Trump’s presidency and what a real eye opener it has been! Culminating in the insurrection rally two weeks ago. 

Frankly I am relieved that the social media giants started to take action by removing him from their platform. It actually helped the last few days to be normal. 

I have never followed Trump on Twitter but I couldn’t help but to regularly check what incendiary things he was tweeting out. 

What I think is super sad about the Trump’s presidency our his enablers... there where clearly people in his inner circle who encouraged and turned a blind eye to his behaviour. 

This brings me to his family.. I am honestly think one of his biggest enablers was his daughter Ivanka Trump. She is one the few people that he listened to and to me did little to rein her father in. She came across someone who enjoyed being in the corridors or power and little about her father’s behaviour.

One person I couldn’t figure out for long time was Trump’s wife Melania Trump. At first I thought she was too embarrassed to do anything but has time went on I realised she shared a lot of his opinions.

The reality is when Donald Trump is long gone the likes of Melania and Ivanka will be regularly reminded how they contributed to crazy four years. 

Neither women maybe bothered now but at some point both women will hopefully be held to account for their actions and it will be interesting to see long it takes before both are made accountable for their role in Trump’s presidency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment